Accommodation |  Real Estate |  Restaurants |  What To Do |  Coming Events |  Current News |  Information |  Contact the webmaster
Go to home page View Accommodation options Property for sale Eating Out Activities Information
Latest news on Gweru!
For the people of Gweru
Venue Hire
weddings, conferences, functions
Gweru Ads
Online classifieds
Photo Galleries
Gweru, Our Region and People
Subscribe
The only way to stay informed.
All the non-profit organisations in and around Gweru
Gweru Blogs
All Gweru Bloggers and Journalists
Voice of Zimbabwe
Government Departments
Zimbabwe News Papers
Daily and Weekly Newspapers
Artists and Musicians
Local artistes
Quick Links to Zim Sites
Here are some quick links to Zim sites of Interest
Starting Your Own Business
Small Business Resources
MYGWERU - ABOUT US
The motivation for this portal
Gweru Videos
Mini Bioscopes
Tertiary Institutions
Educating the Nation
Non-Profit Organisations
All Gweru NGOs
[see all...]
Census Results
 Back
Herald Online
05/12/2013

Final Census Results
Zimbabwe’s population stands at 13 061 239, up from 11 634 663 in 2002, a detailed and final 2012 population census result report has shown. The population increased by 1,1 percent per annum.

According to the final report, there are 6 780 700 females up from 6 003 237 in 2002 and 6 280 539 males up from 5 631 426.

The majority of Zimbabwe’s population remains in the rural areas accounting for 67 percent of the total population while the remaining 33 percent is in the urban areas. The report also revealed that the percentage of communal farmers has decreased from 47 percent in 2002 to 37 percent in 2012 while those employed elsewhere have increased from 40 percent to 52 percent.

In a statement released Friday, the Zimbabwe National Statistics Agency (Zimstat) said the preliminary report which was released in December may be recalled.

“The preliminary results only presented information on the sex and geographical distribution of the population. The final results show detailed information on the following variables; population size and structure, population distribution, ethnicity and citizenship, marital status, fertility, mortality activity and labour force, education and literacy and housing characteristics,” reads part of the statement.

Zimstat said it would be holding provincial dissemination workshops from today until Friday while national workshops would be held at a date to be advised. These figures however do not include those of Zimbabweans outside the country.
The 2012 population census is the fourth such exercise to be undertaken by the Government since independence in 1980. It is carried out every 10 years.


All the coming events in and around Gweru
A list of businesses operating in Gweru